SAIC is looking for a Technical Project Manager-Policy to join our team in our Arlington, VA office. The ideal candidate shall support our DoD customers as the focal point for all policy, practice, and procedural matters relating to Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)) mission areas, to include technical risk management; system of systems and mission engineering; manufacturing and quality assurance; reliability and maintainability; system security engineering, assurance, and program protection; human-systems integration; systems safety and related disciplines; developmental test; modeling and simulation.
Key responsibilities are:
- Serve as a team lead and DoD policy SME supporting the Deputy Director for Policy, Guidance and Workforce Development. The team lead's role encompasses supporting the OUSD(R&E) in developing DoD policies to incorporate DoD-recognized best practices.
- Lead will review and assess the DoDI 5000.02, “Defense Acquisition System” for research and engineering currency and completeness, and, as necessary, preparing periodic updates and effectively collaborates with DoD stakeholders. Oversee and ensure effective, periodic updates to the systems engineering guidance, such as the Defense Acquisition Guidebook (DAG), to ensure appropriate guidance is addressed across the lifecycle and integrated throughout the DAG.
- Support the Deputy Director by providing technical and management inputs to data calls, briefings, articles, and reports as required.
- Managing the performance of a diverse team of senior engineers and customer expectations, tracking performance against plan, reporting results, managing team workloads, reporting status to both the Government as well as within SAIC. Contribute knowledge in key DoD research and engineering focus areas such as: Prototyping and Experimentation, Mission Engineering, Digital Engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or related field.
- An interim Secret clearance is required.
- 15 years of related experience in Science, Technical, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operational Research or related field.
- 5 years of engineering experience working in the defense acquisition community (industry, military, Government civilian, or contract support).
- 5 years hands-on experience with technical program management.
- 5 years hands-on experience with senior customer relationship management
- 5 years of experience in a team lead role, managing a complex and diverse team
- Strong project management skills ensuring appropriate resource allocation, prioritization of tasking, and schedule management
- Ability to understand requirements and envision the end-state to guide team through product design, development, and implementation
- Experience coaching, mentoring and training, goal setting/tracking and performance feedback
- Demonstrated experience developing policies, guidance, and standardization documents related to acquisition engineering or related technical fields with deep knowledge of DoDI 5000.02, the DoD Acquisition Process, and related research and engineering policy, guidance and standards
- Familiarity with Defense Acquisition Guide
- Ability to speak and write in clear and concise manner
- Experience in planning and coordination of working group meetings with diverse participants
- Experience in preparing, coordinating, and presenting briefings
Apply on company website