DescriptionThe Storage Management Technical Lead performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities. Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Plans and implements the modernization of servers. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules. Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures. Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented.
The Storage Management Technical Lead shall:
- Serve as a technical expert and manager for all Storage sub-system (EMC VMAX Symmetrix, EMC VNX, and NetApp) operations and maintenance;
- Advise on Storage sub-systems design, architecture, and engineering;
- Serve as a technical advisor for complex Storage sub-system support issues;
- Maintain a detailed expertise of the Server and Storage sub-system platforms; deployed, including Device and Software configurations;
- Maintain a detailed expertise of virtualization technologies and applications;
- Maintain a detailed expertise of Server and Storage sub-system monitoring, encryption, and security assurance technologies; and
- Advise on technology innovations, security threats, and other industry trends.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience.
Experience in the implementation and customization of data management and performance tooling.
Experience and clear understanding of Oracle database support requirements, and an understanding of other industry leading databases.
Experience with storage sub-systems (EMC VMAX Symmetrix, EMC VNX, and NetApp).
Proficient in analytical project planning, negotiating, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Apply on company website