SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of approximately
SAIC is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to assist one of our high profile programs with the FAA in developing language to ensure that all program documentation, including responses to internal and external inquiries, are conveyed clearly and accurately. The selected person will be required to interface with multiple government agencies to develop and finalize language for a variety of required documentation. The selected person must be able to interface with senior government officials, program managers and various engineering communities.
- A bachelors degree and at least 10 years of related experience.
- Experience working with technical communities to convey technical concepts clearly, accurately, and comprehensively as possible.
- Experience writing, rewriting and/or editing technical and/or programmatic documentation.
- Experience collecting and translating content from various parties (technical staff, management, etc.) into detailed and well-articulated narratives, including diagrams and process workflows, etc.
- Experience developing technical language for contract pre-award documentation.
- Experience working with senior Government officials to develop language for responses to internal and external audits, requests for information, etc.
- Experience with writing, analyzing, and decomposing system (security) requirements
- Experience reviewing and providing feedback on FAA AMS documentation
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment.
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
Apply on company website