SAIC has an opening for a Sr. Systems Engineer located in Washington, DC.
This position is in support of the Department of State (DoS) as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. A current TS security clearance is required for consideration. The candidate will be responsible for the engineering design and support of the Active Directory environment.
This role requires an in-depth knowledge of the Active Directory, DNS, SCOM\SCCM, group policy and a proficiency in PowerShell scripting. The candidate must have demonstrated prior and active experience in managing Active Directory including diagnosing complex replication, group policy, and multi domain issues. Additionally, the candidate will research, analyze, evaluate and integrate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department's equipment modernization program. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment.Description of Duties:
- Participate with the engineering group to implement and support a new directory related services that are part of the DoS continuing modernization efforts.
- Lead and Participate in Technical Meetings.
- Ensure services manager is made aware of potential system problems or customer issues to avoid surprising management personnel
- Create test plans, technical specifications, and white papers as required.
- Communicate regularly to project leads regarding project activities and status.
- Bachelor's degree with 14+ year's recent system engineering experience. Additional training and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Proficiency authoring PowerShell scripts for task automation.
- A Strong understanding of DNS Management
- Strong understanding and practical experience using of Group Policy for server management
- Foundational to advance proficiency with SCOM and SCCM
- Microsoft MSCE certification
- Familiarity with DoS processes.
- Microsoft and/or networking certifications.
- Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong writing skills.
Clearance Requirement: ACTIVE – TOP SECRET
Apply on company website