SAIC is looking for a Senior Architect to join our team supporting an important US government agency in the National Capital Region. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team responsible for Agencies modernization effort to an efficient hybrid cloud architecture. Modernization includes implementing of modern software development, release processes, cloud migration (Iaas, Saas, Paas), and zero trust implementation. Position is a senior technical and strategical role, dedicated to transform agencies environments into a more secure operating environment in a holistic manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides substantive contributions to the program's strategic roadmap, technical direction, and development of program wide standards and best practices
- Performs analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommends additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Provide architectural, deployment, maintenance, governing and monitoring of support for COTS/GOTS and custom toolsets to address agency needs.
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies and support full spectrum cyberspace operations.
- Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Researches and evaluates cyber capabilities and new security tools and products against operational requirements and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy, and to support the offensive and defensive capability design and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues.
- Provide expertise in protection of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and hybrid multi-cloud environments with a broad set of security technologies and processes with application security, data security, network security, encryption, key management, identity and access management, cloud access service brokering, zero trust networking.
- Provide strong technical leadership with an exceptional understanding of Microsoft Azure IaaS, Paas, Saas and DevOps Server to guide both software development and IT infrastructure operations teams through a transition from traditional data center, legacy development tools and processes to modernized processes with a tool stack including DevOps Server, Visual Studio, Oracle Forms, JDeveloper, Oracle ODI Studio, SoapUI, SonarQube, Qualys, Selenium, System Center Operations Manager, and other tools.
Bachelors and twelve (12) years or more experience; Masters and ten (10) years or more experience.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Azure Solutions Architect expert or similar.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Apply on company website