DescriptionSAIC is looking for a Quality Assurance Software Tester to join our team in Rockville, MD. This is a part-time, 20 hours a week, remote position. This role does require someone to be on-site every Tuesday, otherwise the work can be performed remotely.
The Quality Assurance Software Tester assesses software quality through manual and automated testing. This role is responsible for finding bugs, isolating them in code, and works closely with other engineers on Agile Scrum team. A keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills, as well as competencies in writing and executing test cases are essential. This individual will participate in requirements analysis in support of business cases, using that information to write test plans and scripts for defect detection and verifying software satisfies intended business goals. The QA Software Tester will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes, maximizing the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
QualificationsRequired Education and Experience:
- Must have Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience. May consider a High school education and an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with finding software flaws, weaknesses and bugs. Creates automated tests to determine overall software quality. Performs regression and manual testing to verify software modifications satisfy intended business requirements. Produces clear, concise use cases, and test summary reports. Creates libraries of rerunnable test scripts.
- Ability to utilize Visual Studio, traces production code to isolate bugs, and discusses solutions with software engineers. Performs root-cause analysis at a technical level to help squash bugs.
- Participate in Daily scrum and ability to demonstrate functionality during Sprint Demos and gather feedback.
- Ability to use JIRA and other Atlassian Tools such as Confluence and Zephyr.
- Investigate failures in test runs follow through until resolution by collaborating with Developers.
- Ability to test .Net based Web Applications.
- Must have at least one (1) year of direct software testing experience
- Thorough understanding of Quality Assurance best practices and Concepts.
- Ability to build and document Test Plans and define high level Test approach as Sr QA Engineer on the program.
- Ambitious, motivated and self-managed techie who has an understanding of business process and software development lifecycle.
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile Environment delivering top class work products.
- SharePoint experience
- Excel spreadsheet modeling experience
- MS Project experience
- Jira and HP Quality Center experience
- Task planning and scheduling experience
Apply on company website