SAIC is looking for a Calibration Technician to provide support for the Shipboard Installed Instrumentation System Calibration (SISCAL) Program and the Shipboard Gauges Calibration Program (SGCP) services for calibration activity level 2, Hull Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) Systems. Work is performed within U.S. Navy ships and will be based out of Mayport, FL.
Candidate will perform calibrations on Installed instrumentation includes, but is not limited to, gauges, switches, thermometers, transducers, meters, resistance temperature device (RTD), signal conditioners, and all system instrumentation associated with machinery control and any other complex systems installed on US Navy ships and submarines.
- These services will be required on all naval vessels including: LHA, LCS, LHD, LSD, CG, DDG, LCC, LCACs and CVNs.
- In addition to conducting calibrations, the candidate will assist with initial SISCAL visits for new construction ships providing both Installed Instrumentation Configuration review (IICR) and initial Calibration Requirements List (CRL) and the initial onboard system calibrations.
- Primary location is Norfolk, VA with an estimated 25% travel to perform calibration for ships at other locations.
Required Skills and Education:
High school diploma or Equivalent and at least two years' experience in the last 10 years performing Shipboard Calibration.
Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Shipboard Instrumentation and Systems Calibration Certification or successfully completed Shipboard Gage Calibration Program (SGCP) Training or Air Intermediate Maintenance Departmental Certification.
- Associate's degree.
- Active Secret security clearance.
Apply on company website