SAIC is seeking Modeling/Simulation Engineers and Analysts on the Horizon Program who assists the US Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying next-generation and advanced capability space systems under the Special Programs (SP) Directorate at the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) in El Segundo.
Positions are responsible for developing models and simulations that effectively capture system and system of systems effects in complex operational environments, developing algorithms, writing simulations, and analyzing key performance parameters associated with space / ground sensor system design and provide overall mission support. Multiple opportunities available at various levels.
Ideal candidates will be highly innovative, creative and analytical have experience assessing space and ground system architectures and system performance.
Primary responsibilities include:
Perform Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis to assess space and ground system architectures and system performance
- Developing modeling solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess chain using sensor, effects, and communications technologies.
- Developing algorithms, writing simulations, and analyzing key performance parameters associated with space and ground sensor system design.
- Supporting requirements development, system verification, and concept of operations (CONOPS) development as well as working with system and mission analysts to ensure additional modeling, simulation, analysis capabilities meet operational mission requirements
- Ensure program level documentation aligns with Directorate and higher headquarters guidance for program planning and execution.
- Support analysis activities by integrating performance models with MBSE models and tools.
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers.
- Work closely with the government customer to understand needs and collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the Space Force.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or relevant discipline and minimum of five (5) years of related experience; three (3) years with a Masters; or a PhD
- Experience should include systems engineering, technical program management and acquisition within the areas of Space, Space Control, and Reconnaissance
- Qualified applicants must possess as active TS/SCI clearance or recent SSBI investigation and have a willingness to consent to a polygraph examination
- Will consider Top Secret clearance with SCI upgrade eligibility
Active TS/SCI Clearance
Direct application of Systems Engineering principals to Space or Ground Satellite systems
Application of Model Based Systems Engineering and MBSE tool sets
Ability to use Matlab and/or AGI STK and Toolkits
Apply on company website