Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Mid-Level Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis Engineer to help solve challenging national security problems. Qualified candidate will have experience analyzing space, ground and other-domain information and control system architectures.
Working in cross-discipline teams employee will develop advanced models of information technology and industrial controls systems (ICS) components and cyber-physical systems (CPS); and build simulations, leveraging customer-provided high-performance computing capability to demonstrate impacts of cyber and cyber-physical attacks at scale. Individual will develop, analyze, parse and reverse-engineer computer network and Wi-Fi/RF communication protocols; develop cross-domain strategies for increased security and resiliency of communication networks and critical infrastructure, working with researchers in other disciplines. Perform other duties as assigned. We are looking for innovative, creative, and highly motivated individuals to develop models and simulations that effectively capture system and system-of-systems effects in complex operational environments.
Primary responsibilities include
- Support the team to design, develop, and verify simulations and analysis plans, as well as other work products such as gap analyses or Technical Performance Measures (TPM) assessments that enable key program and architectural decisions.
- Generate analytical modeling solutions to assess enterprise performance, identify technology gaps, creating technology roadmaps, developing requirements and specifying the operational benefits of current and future concepts based on customer approved scenarios.
- Support requirements development, system verification, and concepts of operations (CONOPS) development as well as work with system and mission analysts to ensure additional modeling, simulation, and analysis capabilities meet operational mission requirements.
- Develop modeling solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess chain using sensor, effects, and communications technologies.
- Develop algorithms, writing simulations, and analyzing key performance parameters associated with space and ground information system design.
- Support analysis by integrating performance models with model-based system engineering models and tools.
- Quantify performance impacts and sensitivity to changes in CONOPS, scenarios, and/or threats.
- Develop and brief data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers.
- Work closely with the government customer to understand needs and collaborate with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Cyber Community/USCYBER Command.
- Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years demonstrated experience, with 8+ years of demonstrated system engineering and/or integration experience with complex, multi-domain information systems engineering and operations modelling and simulation in support of DoD, NRO, or Intelligence Community programs with a proven delivery record or an equivalent.
- Must have experience coordinating with customers to identify model requirements, simulation goals, and variables. Must have extensive experience in the model design and simulation to include complex multi-system simulations.
- Must have experience with Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory LLNL High Performance Computing capability.
- Experience developing software modeling and device characterization, hard and soft modeling development, parametric testing, and measurement automation.
- Must understand how to determine critical, least, and shortest path across a complex, multi-domain network and identify critical and centrality nodes.
- Must have experience in the construction of simulations to customer specifications; be able to document and report on test results to users.
- Strong understanding of modeling, simulation, and mission analysis techniques and tools.
- Experienced at self-starting, seeking solutions, and works well in a team environment.
- Experience scripting for analysis purposes.
- Understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with space and/or ground systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and interpersonal skills.
- Master's Degree in math, science, computer science or engineering.
- Software engineering experience in C, C++, or Python.
- Significant experience working with modeling and simulation tools such as ns-3, OPNET, or OMNET++.
- Advanced knowledge of and/or experience in communications systems, including TCP/IP, LTE/5G, GSM, CDMA or Wi-Fi.
- Significant experience in communication network protocols (protocol development, parsing, and reverse engineering).
- Experience in secure protocols, software defined networks, or digital signal processing.
- Experience with MATLAB, STK, AFSIM, MODTRAN, SSGM, or other comparable modeling and simulation tools.
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience.
Apply on company website