Location: Norfolk, VA
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Technology, Software, IT, Electronics
DescriptionSAIC is seeking a qualified Maritime Operations Center (MOC) Exercise Support Team (EST) MSEL/Scenario Developer at Navy Warfare Development Command (NWDC), Norfolk, VA. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME), Master Sequence Events List (MSEL) Implementer, and Scenario Developer support to USFF in the accomplishment their mission to train and sustain Maritime Operations Centers (MOCs) command and control capabilities at Major and Numbered Fleets Commands, Naval Component Commands (NCC) and when designated, Joint Force Maritime Component Commands (JFMCC) at the Operational Level of War (OLW).
- Tasks: exercise concept development, planning, scheduling, modeling, simulation architecture design, simulation management and operations, intelligence, scenario development, database builds and tests, event response and control cells, assessment, as well as support to development of future maritime domains within the joint training environment.
- Specific Functional Area duties will include; but not limited to the following tasks:
- Coordinate with MOC Training Team (TT) on-site contractor staff, as required, to accomplish tasks, briefs and point-papers to meet deadlines.
- Coordinate with appropriate MOC TT members to prepare required reports, staff actions, point-papers, talking points, and all other staff products in support of but not limited to the following activities of USFF OLW:
- Assist in the development of the scenario, road to crisis, operational environment and specific storylines that ensure the commander's training objectives are accomplished. Assist government representatives in debrief of OLW exercises in accordance with appropriate measures of effectiveness (MOE) using USFF established Navy Mission Essential Task Lists (NMETL).
- Develop synthetic exercise scenarios in accordance with current naval, joint, and coalition doctrine, Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTP) and forward deployed Numbered Fleet requirements in an OLW environment.
- Develop synthetic exercise injects to enable accomplishment of training objectives for synthetic training events and support of live events as required.
- Utilize the Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) tool to track storylines and specific events on a daily basis.
- Provide recommendations for and development of synthetic augmentation (entities, scenario elements, simulator operators, etc.) to live training exercises.
- Develop exercise documents to include manning documents, messages and orders to include but not limited to Operation Orders (OPORD), exercise directives and exercise game books.
- Provide for the execution of synthetic war-gaming software for OLW synthetic events/exercises as required.
- Provide the government lead with appropriate lessons learned from synthetic training exercises and ensure relevant changes are incorporated in future exercises
- Provide expertise and support on applicable tactical and operational-level joint, coalition and service doctrine.
- Develop collection plans in support of Observer/Trainers (O/T) to aid in the preparation of After Action Reports (AAR) and daily summary reports.
- Participate in the development of the AARs based on observations of the training audience during exercise execution.
- Develop and maintain MOC levels of performance, readiness assessment and feedback standards, as well as associated standard metrics (training proficiency observations (TPO), training proficiency evaluations (TPE), training proficiency assessments (TPA), mission training assessments (MTA), and mission assessments (MA)) for entry into the Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS) and the Defense Readiness Reporting System (Navy) (DRRS-N).
- Ensure exercise training objectives are supported by scenario elements, storylines, and MSEL implementers (Intelligence reports, message traffic, assessments, etc.) to be utilized in Operational Level Fleet Synthetic Training (FST) and Maritime Operations Center Training.
- Ensure scenario elements, storylines, and MSELS are linked to appropriate simulation activities and databases, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) stimulus, order of battle rosters, and other supporting technical or operational means as necessary to satisfy exercise and training audience objectives.
- Required travel approximately 10-20% (about 1 week every 2 months).
- US citizen
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- Five years of experience with military operations.
- Five years of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) experience in OLW exercises/Fleet Synthetic Training/service equivalent exercises.
- Five years of scenario development and MSEL writing experience.
- Experience with the Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS).
- Ability to meet medical screening qualifications to embark on U.S. Navy, USNS or host nation ships when required to get underway for periods in excess of 24 hours.
- The ideal candidate must have naval operational experience and knowledge for how MSELs and scenarios development support the following areas: Operations, Plans, Command and Control (C2) Command Authorities, Fires, Intelligence and Special Access Programs/Special Technical Operations, Integrated Air and Missile Defense/Ballistic Missile Defense, Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO), OLW Logistics, Special Operations Forces/Irregular Warfare, Inter Agency, C2 Systems, Command and Control of Command and Control (C2 of C2) or Assured C2 Process, Strategic Communications, Cyber Operations, Space Operations, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Information Management/Knowledge Management, Personnel, and Assessments.
- Must have performance-based Operational Level Exercise Program (OL-EP) experience, which includes the full spectrum of maritime operations support tasks required in the conduct of simulated and real-world events (local, remote, distributed, live, virtual, and constructive; friendly, neutral, and threat maritime forces).
- Must be able to travel approximately 10-20% (about 1 week every 2 months).
- Current DoD Top Secret, TS/SCI eligible
- Recent experience in joint and naval exercises, war gaming, and exercise/event planning.
- Experience using Joint Semi-Automated Forces (JSAF) modeling and simulation program.
- Experience in Navy Carrier Air Wing (CVW) operations (F-18 / E-2)
- Experience in Naval and Joint Fires planning and execution
- Experience in the Naval and Amphibious Liaison Element (NALE) at the Air Operations Center
Apply on company website