SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a Distance Learning (DL) Specialist to support our Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Global Command and Control Systems (GCCS) - Tactical Combat Operations (GCCS-TCO), and Joint Tactical Common Operational Picture (COP) Workstation (JTCW) programs.
Remote work possible.
General Position Execution Expectations:
- Use established instructional theories to design and develop instructional content for Interactive Multi-media Instruction. Responsibilities include developing storyboards and instructional video scripts as well as establishing clearly defined learning outcomes, performance objectives, assessment items, and branching techniques.
- Design and implement synchronous and asynchronous courses up to level three interactivity, in accordance with current multimedia e-learning industry standards.
- Create comprehensive written tests that link directly to learning objects and assess the learners specific knowledge required to perform a particular job duty. Types include true or false, matching, fill in the blank, and multiple choice.
- Create performance tests that link directly to learning objectives and require learners to perform a task instead of selecting an answer from a list.
- Create lesson imbedded interactive knowledge checks, which may be scored but do not affect the completion of training.
- Develop training for a broad range of training audiences within the sphere of customers.
- Work with instructional designers and subject matter experts to design and develop training scenarios and example datasets as well as with computer programmers to design, develop, and produce comprehensive courseware packages.
- Interface with multiple stakeholders to manage and align objectives, promote collaboration, and facilitate course development and deployment.
- Act as a training policy developer/advisor on long-range planning, policies, and procedures relating to the core functions of all training programs and initiatives (instructor-led and distance learning).
- Perform testing and validation of computer systems, applications, and servers in conjunction with developing learning content.
- Develop and modify learning products, to include presentation slides, instructor and student guides, quick reference materials, checklists, tutorials, interactive exercises, and instructional videos.
- Use custom reports with course evaluation data to measure course outcomes and facilitate improvement of design/development/delivery processes and training programs.
- Develop multiple instructional products simultaneously and work independently or in a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Systems Design or a related discipline or have an advanced training certificate from a recognized training organization or an accredited college or university
- Five (5) years or more of distance learning experience to include the application of Instructional Systems Design, execution of job task analyses, design and development of training curricula, course materials, assessments, training evaluation systems and instruments.
- Experience working with Command and Control Personal Computer (C2PC), Agile Client, Global Command and Control System (GCCS) is preferred.
- Experience applying FAA Safety and Technical Training (AJI) requirements to training projects is preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
Apply on company website