Location: Hill AFB, UT
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Technology, Software, IT, Electronics
DescriptionSAIC is looking to hire an experienced Nuclear Hardness Engineer to support the government in the review and analysis of radiation hardened electronics and system design for use in an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) system. This position is located at Hill Air Force Base, Utah 84056. This is a great opportunity to work on some of the most exciting and challenging development and acquisition efforts in the DoD with a great company. For the past 50 years, the United States Air Force has operated the Minuteman III (MMIII) Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system as the land based component to America's nuclear triad. The Integration Support Contract (ISC) provides technical assistance to the government program office for the sustainment of MMIII and the development/acquisition of the replacement weapon system known as the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD). This is a massive effort with many opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Advising and assisting the US Air Force customer.
- Ensure necessary requirements are identified for radiation hardened electronic parts.
- Ensure the prime contractor's designs are meeting the requirements for radiation hardened electronic parts.
- Provide support to GBSD life cycle milestones including design reviews.
QualificationsThe candidate should have the following skills:
- B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Applied Physics, or related disciplines and 9 years of work related experience
- Background in eletromagnetics
- Basic knowledge of or desire to learn about DoD specific standards for electronics and electronics implementation in nuclear weapon and space environments
- Experience with the design and/or implementation of digital and analog components, ASICs, FPGAs, and shielding
- Experience with testing and analysis of test results to verify design performance in radiation environments
- Active Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of nuclear weapons effects, specifically neutron radiation, x-ray and gamma radiation, High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP), Source-Region Electromagnetic Pulse (S-REMP), and System-Generated Electromagnetic Pulse (S-GEMP).
- Experience with flash x-ray and electromagnetic pulsar testing
- Experience with SPICE modeling
- Experience with or knowledge of ICBM Command and Launch (C&L) and Guidance, Navigation and Controls (GN&C) hardware.
Apply on company website