SAIC is hiring a Database System Administrator Intermediate (Data Processing) to support the Army National Guard Enterprise Operations team based in Cary, NC.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site 100% in Cary, NC once the COVID-19 threat has passed.
We have a career opening for a Database System Administrator in Cary, North Carolina.
- The job of the Database System Administrator is installing, operating, and maintaining physical/virtual operating system workstations and servers in support of business processing requirements.
- Perform user account management.
- Installs, upgrades, and patches operating systems and complex software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Must be a self-starter; possess excellent communication skills, be capable of working independently under limited direction, and in team environments.
- Provide MS SQL Server and/or Oracle Database Administration and implements, operates and maintains database assets that support IT and business services.
- Scope includes design, build, management and maintenance of databases and large data repositories and stores used to support services.
The successful candidate must be able to do the following:
- Plan, install, configure and test database configurations
- Identify server, network and capacity requirements needed to operate databases
- Decommission databases upon request
- Provide database requirements to support procurement activities
- Integrate databases with service application components on request
- Maintain database software assets in compliance with supporting 3rd party vendor requirements
- Maintain information about installed database software and database configuration items and ensure accuracy and availability to others
- Provide consulting services and support for release package testing, installation, deployment/ operation
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support services for databases
- Coordinate, schedule, implement and test database tuning, reorganization, backup and restoration activities
- Provide consulting and support services to identify database operational, monitoring and reporting requirements
- Define physical and logical models for implementing and operating databases
- Identify database capacity sizing needs and requirements and manage database performance and tuning
- Define, implement and test database security schemas per requested requirements
- Maintain database Known Error and bug lists
- Plan, design, build, implement, test and maintain database checkpoint restart mechanisms
- Create, execute and report on testing and implementation plans.
- Perform Active Directory object management
- Capable of resolving complex issues
- Strong troubleshoot and debugging skills
- Capable of multi-tasking
- High School diploma and 7+ years of related experience; OR Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of related experience, or 5+ years as a Database Systems Administrator (Microsoft).
- Experience configuring and maintaining database platforms
- Level II DoD 8570 certifications: Security+ CE, or other
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
- Must obtain ITIL Foundations Certification (obtain within 60 days of hire)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
Apply on company website