SAIC is seeking a Contract Administrator who will be responsible for providing contract administration support for JWAC's contract portfolio in Dahlgren, VA.
- execute pre/post award contract management actions on various contracts with various contract types as listed in FAR Part 16.
- assist in the preparation of solicitation documents selecting appropriate clauses, ensuring clear and complete specifications, including packing and delivery requirements or other routine supplemental stipulation.
- assist in the monitoring of contract performance through progress reports and analysis of contractor metrics, for compliance with performance standards, applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, inspections, progress reports, and other requirements stated in the contract.
- establish contracting milestones for coordination through functional leadership and support organizations/agencies.
- review requisition package for adequacy, consistency, and compliance with administrative, regulatory, and procedural requirements.
- process funding modifications for additional funds or de-obligate funds when required.
- prepare contract modifications caused by, but not limited to, changes in technical requirements, by incremental funding requirements, changes in quantities to be delivered, ordering priced/unpriced options, and similar issues.
- conduct cost and price analysis on sole source and competitive acquisitions.
- prepare draft pre-negotiation objectives post negotiation memoranda, as required, to explain rationale and methods used in arriving at the final settlement in terminations (i.e. for convenience, for cause, for default) and other types of negotiated changes and modifications to contracts.
- Prepare full documentation for contract actions requiring formal review, ensure compliance with all laws and regulations, and ensure package is approved within the acquisition schedule.
- Prepare replies or packages to other involved agencies, appeal boards, or congressional inquiries/notifications as required.
- prepare Request for Information packages, be the focal point for replies under the Freedom of Information Act and other inquiries.
- prepare letters, memorandum, documents, or reports that support contractual actions or recommendations.
- research and recommend appropriate action, contract type, or interpretation of contractual issues.
- conduct contract close-out procedures according to the FAR. Shall handle all administrative duties of close-out and prepare all documentation for Contracting Officer signature. Shall physically stage all close-out files for storage according to FAR 4.805.
- track and log open Purchase Requests (AF Form 9s), Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs) and other funding documentation until placed on contract.
- prepare contract actions in the Air Force contract writing system; the DoD Standard Procurement System Procurement Desktop-Defense program and/or AF Contracting Information Technology (CON-IT) system
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 24 semester credit hours in Business Administration, Public Administration, Contract Law, Accounting, Finance or related course work;
- Five+ years' experience as Contract Specialist.
- Level II Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification or equivalent, or higher
- Three+ years prior/demonstrated experience with using the DoD Standard Procurement System Procurement Desktop-Defense program and/or AF Contracting Information Technology (CON-IT) for processing acquisition actions.
Apply on company website