SAIC is hiring a Communications Principal to edits, proofread and provide writing support, the conceptualization, layout and preparation of high quality graphics, text, and templates, and the design, preparation, and creation of new media projects on non-technical and/or technical documents or sections of documents prepared by writers such as manuals, procedures and specifications.
- Checking drafts for format, clarity and overall cohesiveness.
- Ensuring documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhering to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
- Producing and/or revising technical articles, proposals, publications, books, manuals, reports, and marketing materials and determining project requirements and presenting drafts of finished product to the user ensuring high quality of output.
- Reviews rough drafts and makes suggestions. In addition, individuals in this family design and develop multimedia applications, systems and products involving computer graphics and interactive computing using a variety of new media software applications, techniques and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, or similar and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience.
- Experience working within a Corporate Communications and event management environment.Demonstrated experience developing written event plans including timelines and logistic requirements.
- Must have 5 years demonstrated experience using the Web to conduct research, event administration, and procurement and high proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated experience with Web communications, publishing, usability, and/or social media.
Apply on company website