General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a highly visible role that is responsible for broad administrative support. This dynamic, proactive Administrative Assistant will be an integral contributor splitting their time between our Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance (DSPV), and Programs, Portfolio and Alliances (PPA) Organizations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support and respond to the needs of Senior Vice President, DSPV and Vice President, Portfolio, Program & Alliance Management. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: scheduling and managing calendars, managing contracts, arranging meetings, managing incoming and outgoing calls, proactively coordinating team and project team meetings and materials, arranging travel, managing expense reports, and retrieving and sending correspondence.
- Schedule, coordinate, and provide support for internal and external meetings/activities with outside companies, including creating and distributing meeting agendas, presentations/briefing documents, etc.
- Coordinate and arrange detailed domestic/international travel schedules and itineraries, including airline, hotel, car, and restaurant reservations and/or conference registrations. Schedule, coordinate, and provide support for internal and external meetings/activities and catering services.
- Manage and prioritize internal and external communications, including phone calls, letters, memos, expenses, and email.
- Prepare corporate materials, conference planning and coordination, and specialized projects.
- Be available at various hours for business related tasks.
- Proactively seek to understand material and content in areas of specialization.
- Provide back-up administrative support to other departments as necessary and perform other duties as required.
- Serve as a contributing member to the Sage Administrative Operations team. This includes, but is not limited to, working closely with other administrative staff on shared travel arrangements, meetings, agenda compilation, briefings, and internal department events.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, and the ability to identify issues and raise to key stakeholders in order to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs, and recommendations. Must have a demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action, excellent analytical skills, and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- AS or BS degree with 2+ years of related experience; biotech or pharmaceutical experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Administrative competence (typing, scheduling, emailing, coordinating calendars, and copying).
- Top-notch organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution-oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and exercises tact, diplomacy, and discretion in written and verbal communications.
- Prior administrative assistant experience working in a busy, high-growth, and fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Improve Lives, Cultivate Curiosity, Do Right, and Forge New Pathways.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We value our relationships with professional recruitment firms. To protect the interests of all parties, and given the large volume of inquiries received from third-party placement agencies, we are not able to respond to all agency inquiries. We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of a signed agreement between our company and a placement agency does not create an implied obligation and, if an unsolicited candidate represented by a placement agency is hired, we are not obligated to pay a fee. Only approved recruitment firms will be allowed to provide services to Sage Therapeutics, Inc.#LI-Remote
Apply on company website