The Vice President, Regional Market Development will identify, evaluate, develop, and support implementation of key plans and new programs that will serve to enhance the overall effectiveness and growth of RWJBH, providing the best possible healthcare services to the New Jersey and beyond. The Vice President, Regional Market Development functions as a resource to RWJBH senior leadership including RWJBH Corporate, Medical Group, Rutgers, Hospital Division, Service lines, and Ambulatory/Business Development.
- Leading the physician liaison function across the region including transformation to a health system approach focused on driving patient volume to all health system assets affiliated practices, JV ambulatory sites, key service lines, hospitals, etc.
- Serving as a key component in the market intelligence function with a specific focus on identifying/understanding competitor initiatives;
- Identifying system growth opportunities including potential practice alignment, new ambulatory joint ventures, etc.
- Engaging with hospital CEOs, regional leadership, and service line leaders to meet growth targets across key service lines;
- Working with Medical Group leadership to coordinate recruitment activities, improve system keepage, reach key sub-markets;
- Coordinating with System Strategy on the development of regional strategies/plans;
- Identify new growth opportunities, develop market projections/financial pro formas, and create business plans aligned with RWJBH s overall strategy to drive key initiatives across the health system in an organized, consistent manner and in collaboration with key departments and stakeholders
- Accelerate the development of strategies that drive RWJBH s transition to becoming a population health;
- Support the execution of the RWJUH primary care strategy, collaborating with key stakeholders across the organization including operations, finance, managed care, and decision support
- Support the curation and maintenance of RWJBH s complex physician claims database and provide ongoing analyses and support to leadership regarding emerging trends and opportunities in the competitive healthcare marketplace
- Partner with corporate service line leaders and hospital CEOs, COOs, etc. to drive market share growth as well as achievement of other key goals as identified by service line strategic plans (behavioral, cardiovascular, neuroscience, oncology, and pediatrics)
- Consult regularly with system leadership and RWJBH EVP, System Strategy on strategic planning and market issues
- Oversee the selection, training, direction, development, and mentoring of RWJBH system strategy staff
- Bachelor s Degree in Marketing and Communications or other related field required Master s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressive leadership experience in healthcare strategy, planning, or business development.
- Proven track record working in a complex academic medical center or multi-hospital system environment preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
Short & Long Term Disability
Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website