Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatric, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by the Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for a Ultrasound Technologist who will be responsible for providing our patients the best experience, while working with the entire staff to perform quality ultrasound scans and biopsies. The incumbent will work closely with the physicians to interpret medical images to either diagnose or rule out disease or injury, and have a great opportunity to ensure an efficient and customer-focused experience during their procedure.
- Provide highly specialized technical services in the performance of ultrasound examinations.
- Perform non-invasive Ultrasound studies in accordance with established departmental protocols and policies
- Enter patient demographics in the ultrasound reporting system.
- Participate in daily maintenance functions in the Ultrasound department.
- Report identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors.
- Rotate on-call service support with sonography staff.
- Maintain and document continuing medical education credits as required by ARDMS.
- Competent in production of quality radiographs for proper treatment and diagnosis by physician.
- Great working professionally and cooperatively with patients, physicians, and other hospital staff members.
- Able to give straightforward instructions as well as foster a sense of comfort and confidence in patients.
- Committed to delivering a full continuum of care.
- Strong in the area of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess a pleasant bedside manner.
- Graduated from an AMA accredited school of allied health professions.
- Registered ARDMS
- An understanding of the principles of growth and development to assess each patient's age specific needs and provide age specific treatment and care.
- A minimum of 1+ year of experience as an Ultrasound Technician.
- Maintained required BLS Heart Saver/Health Care Provider course completion status.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website