Children s Specialized Hospital is the nation s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health. At 13 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so children can achieve more of their goals.
Responsible for providing exemplary customer service utilizing the Service Excellence Standards set forth by the organization while interacting with all customers internal and external. Responsible for obtaining intake information accurately in order to schedule single or multiple appointments for services within the organization utilizing the hospital computer scheduling system. Schedules new patients and follow up appointments for medical and therapy departments throughout the organization. Disseminates needed information to hospital staff as needed.
Essential Job Functions
Obtains accurate clinical information in order to make a sound judgment as to which services are required for the appointment(s).
Obtains intake information, including demographics, insurance information, referrals, and scripts timely and accurately.
Schedules appropriate appointments based on reason for referral and intake information. Schedules follow up|therapy first treatment appointments when needed.
Interacts with both internal and external customers adhering to the Service Excellence Standards.
Adheres to the productivity expectations as determined by the leadership team.
Adheres to departmental quality standards for scheduling appointments and interacting with customers either in person or via the telephone.
When appropriate interacts with designated therapy leaders and ACC leaders to schedule new patients and follow up appointments for medical and therapy departments throughout the organization.
Other Duties as assigned by Management.
*****Must be fluent in Spanish as you will be tasked with covering the Spanish inbound call lines*****
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
* Flexible, hardworking individual with the ability to manage multiple tasks. Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment. Excellent customer service skills. Scheduling background in a healthcare setting preferred. Sound problem solving and communication skills. Ability to professionally inter-relate wit people (i.e., parents, staff, patients, therapy and physician services).Familiarity with computer software packages (Microsoft Office). Ability to organize and follow specific instructions. Maintain patient confidentiality.
Education and Experience - Additional Comments
* Previous hospital or physician's office experience. scheduling and data entry experience preferred.
Job Specific Contacts
* Direct and constant contact with patients, families, clinicians, medical and nursing staff.
* Typical office environment.
Working Environment - Additional Comments
* Concentration and ability to handle multiple tasks in a distracting, fast-paced work environment. Must be detail oriented and have strong customer service skills.
Job Provides Direction To
* Volunteers assigned to department.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website