The Medical Group strives every day to consistently deliver on the Health System patient service promise of Don't Harm Me, Help Me and Be Nice To Me . The Regional Director (RD) reports to the Vice President of Operations for their assigned territory. The RD is responsible for upholding these principles for the portfolio of assigned practice sites. The RD ensures that their assigned Regional Managers and practice sites are providing a safe and compassionate experience for our patients and their families as well as a supportive and productive practice environment for our Providers and staff. The RD ensures that operational policies, procedures, and new initiatives across practice sites are of high quality, consistently implemented and compliant with all operational regulations, policies and procedures. The RD has primary responsibility for operational integration of acquired provider practices and opening of new or renovated practice sites. They are responsible for supporting their assigned Vice President in the development of annual operating budgets, strategic planning initiatives, and clinical integration throughout the region.
- Operational Advisor/Supporter - Provides support and guidance to assigned Regional Managers and practice site Providers and management, regarding all aspects of operations and patient care delivery. Implements performance goals, long term objectives and strategy developed for the practice sites. Spends time at all practice sites on a regular basis.
- Management of Across Clinic Regulations/Policy Adherence - Manages internal and external (governmental, industry) operating protocols. Supports, monitors and communicates across clinics regarding changes to operating policies and procedures. Assists with the development and implementation of new policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Workflow Efficiency - Analyzes and ensures efficient workflow and develops and implements improvements across clinics. Monitors patient access and patient volumes and labor productivity. Makes adjustments to staffing levels to maximize revenue, minimize unnecessary cost and improve efficiency and effectiveness of the clinic sites.
- Quality Improvement Initiatives - Assists in the development of a quality improvement program that designs, plans, measures, and improves the practice functions and key clinical populations served. Participates in ongoing monitoring and evaluation of program effectiveness, including but not limited to, incident monitoring, patient/family satisfaction with services, monitoring of key systems of performance required to support the program and indicators of clinical quality related to the patient populations served. Implements new clinical programs and services.
- Acts as Interim Regional Manager - Performs duties of vacant Regional Manager position(s) on an interim basis as a last resort when agreed that other options are not available, including but not limited to functional management of education, human resources, operations, patient care, finance, quality and safety.
- Compliance Management - Assists in meeting medical practice related compliance with all local, State, and Federal laws regarding licensure and certification.
- Administrative - In coordination with the Regional Vice President, manages special projects and marketing activities. Analyzes, evaluates and reports statistical data to optimize the use of resources and staff. Assists in the preparation of annual budgets necessary for all clinic sites to fulfill their goals and objectives including planning workload and need for personnel, space, equipment and support services. Monitors operation budget performance for all sites including physician production (Work RVU). Assists in the selection, employment, development and management of employees. Evaluates supervisory and administrative workloads to ensure equitable distribution and to determine whether reduction or addition of personnel is necessary. Ensures that patient satisfaction is achieving targeted goals at all times.
- Facilities Management - Manages and oversees the maintenance and upkeep of practice sites; Ensures compliance with safety regulations and monitors space needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or related field; Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience in progressive management roles in healthcare required
- Minimum of five years' experience in progressive practice management roles highly preferred
- Experience managing academic medical practices highly preferred
- Physician practice management experience required.
- Membership in the MGMA and ACMPE or ACC, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral/written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of management, physicians, clinicians, support staff and customers.
- Must possess a strong process improvement and financial management expertise.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system (Health System) in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The Health System includes eleven adult acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, multi-site imaging centers, an accountable care organization and the Medical Group which is among the 20 largest in the nation.
The Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced primary and specialty care physicians and advanced practice providers (Providers). Medical Group Providers treat our patients with compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of the Health System, our dedicated Providers and expertly trained support staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website