In collaboration with the individual, the Peer Recovery Program (PRP) Recovery Specialist will develop a Recovery Plan which should include culturally competent and relevant services that identifies goals with measurable objectives, assesses strengths, can be used to work towards those goals, identifies barriers that can inhibit goal attainment, and monitors the progress made attaining those goals. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: Educate the individuals on how to appropriately navigate treatment, social service and recovery support systems; Provide recovery support services based on the individual s preference and his/her assessed needs; Provide support with face to face sessions and/or telephone support based on individual s personal choice; Maintain follow-up one; and Help individuals maintain healthy community, family and social functioning. Travel to facilities throughout the RWJBH system.
- The Recovery Specialist must have four (4) years of sobriety and experience in the principals of recovery that assist individuals to improve their health and wellness.
- Minimum Associate s degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalency required.
- NAADAC Cert preferred or working towards
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Bilingual a plus
- Previous recovery work preferred but not required
- Computer skills and Knowledge with ability to email, navigate Microsoft word, and other software systems
Apply on company website