COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER is seeking a Phlebotomist!
Community Medical Center, an affiliate of RWJBarnabas Health System, is a 592-bed, fully accredited acute care hospital offering area residents world-class medical treatment with the comforts of hometown care. Opened in 1961, CMC has evolved into the state s largest non-teaching hospital and Ocean County s largest and most active health care facility caring for over 21,500 inpatients, 178,000 outpatients and 73,700 emergency department patients each year. Community Medical Center is dedicated to advancing the quality of life and health of our community while delivering compassionate care for our patients. Our core values include: Compassion, Quality, Accountability, Integrity, Diversity and Teamwork.
In this key role, the Phlebotomist obtains patient blood samples by venipuncture or capillary puncture using aseptic techniques and collection skills. This individual performs all duties integral to the identification and preparation of specimens for assay. The Phlebotomist performs venipuncture at Skilled Nursing Facilities, draw stations, and enters lab orders as required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required within one (1) year of hire.
- Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent will be provided the opportunity to enroll in a GED/HSEA program at time of hire as a condition of employment. A hired candidate will be provided one (1) year from date of hire to successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA.
- RWJBarnabas Health is committed to our communities and the members we serve. RWJBH understands that in order to create strong, healthy, and sustainable communities, we have to re-engineer and transform current systems. Providing educational support and resources contributes to our overall social impact mission and community investment efforts.
- Successful completion of a formal Phlebotomy program, or equivalent work experience
- Computer and order entry skills
- Valid NJ Driver's license in good standing
- Weekdays 4:30 A 12:30 P
- Rotating weekends and holidays
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website