The Oncology Access Representative will provide a compassionate and supportive environment with prompt and consistent service to support RWJBH organization s mission to become the leading academic and preferred community cancer network throughout the state of New Jersey for patients and clinicians who seek exceptional, personalized, compassionate care fostered by fully integrated, interdisciplinary approaches to the prevention and treatment of cancer.
- Manages all incoming calls, external and internal referrals for oncology services. Fields incoming inquiries and requests, matching patients to the best possible service, physician, and appointment based on their diagnosis, geographic location and preferences.
- Functions as medically knowledgeable and friendly resource for patients and caregivers, referring providers, RWJBH providers and staff.
- Ensures all required demographic, financial, referral/authorization, clinical, and other registration data is accurately scheduled, collected, verified, and communicated appropriately.
- Functions include scheduling of physician oncology services for all RWJBH sites, pre-registration/registration, insurance verification, referral coordination, pre-certification, screening for financial counseling, eligibility determination and pre-service communication.
- Obtains and verifies insurance/payment source, seeks necessary referral/authorization and coverage extensions as required, and assists with identification/resolution of insurance issues.
- Supports multiple patient and payer types to ensure billing procedures are followed.
- Associates degree or Bachelor s degree (preferred).
- One to three years of related experience within the healthcare field.
- Ability and interest to learn clinical information and criteria. Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Emphasis on computer literacy and communication skills, such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Successful completion of all training and orientation programs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website