The Nurse Educator is a registered professional nurse who has the expertise in nursing professional development, education, and/or a specific area of nursing practice. (S)He is responsible and accountable for the development and application of the Standards of Care with Jersey City Medical Center, in an effort to enhance the qualityof care provided to patients and families. The primary function is that of an educator, practitioner, consultant and change agent. This person must be able to assess data relevant to the learner s progress, and interpret the appropriate information necessary to develop group and individual learning plans. The Nurse Educator is considered tobe a clinical expert when positioned in a practice setting with abilities to foster the clinical development of the staff that she/he guides. This individual will be responsible to assess the educational needs of the staff on an on-going basis and to serve as a resource/coach for the nursing staff, educators, APNs, Management, and otherhealthcare providers. In addition to the aforementioned skills, nurse educators must possess clinical experience, training, and education aligned with their specialty practice area of focus.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Required; MSN or MS preferred.
- Current NJ RN License required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in specialty required
- Experience in Education or staff development preferred
- Knowledge of Telemetry required
- Emergency Room experience
- Professional Certification in Nursing Professional
- Developmental and/or clinical specialty preferred
- BLS required
Apply on company website