The HR Manager provides operational and consultative human resources services, primarily in the areas of employment, employee relations and employee recognition.
- Establishes and maintains effective partnering relationships with assigned departments to ensure their goals and objectives related to human resources are achieved.
- Coordinates policies and practices to ensure consistency in application. Is responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors.
- Counsels managers regarding adherence to employment laws. Makes recommendations for development and/or revision of policy, procedure and/or programs to ensure compliance
- Provides training to hospital staff as necessary. (Cultural Diversity, Age Specific Education, Human Resources Policies and Procedures).
- Serves as consultant/mediator for management and staff of assigned departments on issues related to policy interpretation and application. Actively participates in finding resolution to actual or potential employee relations problems.
- Operates with a high degree of autonomy and authority while working within the framework of RWJBarnabas Health's philosophy and policies.
- Bachelor s degree required. Graduate or undergraduate concentration in Human Resources, Business or Behavioral Sciences. Master s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in Human Resources required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
Apply on company website