RWJBH's Design & Construction team is committed to excellence in planning, designing and constructing facilities that support RWJBH's mission. To accomplish this, they are seeking a. Project Manager (PM) who will successfully implement capital projects with close collaboration between physicians, clinicians stakeholders and staff by establishing a standard of quality in project management by assembling and coordinating teams of professionals.
Under general direction from the V.P. Facilities Management/Construction, the PM manages all activities of a project that include planning, scope definition, budgeting, scheduling, logistics through the engagement of appropriate professionals (Architects, Engineers, Construction Managers, etc.) that will provide RWJBH end users with superior accommodations and equipment necessary at all RWJBH locations. Critical for success is the ability to manage approved funding, user expectations within defined timelines for operation.
- Be responsible for the financial management of assigned project that can vary from small (100K) to medium ($25M)
- Plays critical role in formulation of construction budget; develops RFP s, negotiates terms and conditions with professional entities.
- Monitors performance to contract and recommends payment for appropriate services rendered in the project management system. This includes review and submission of all letters of approval, invoices, change orders, support documentation, etc. within established business procedures.
- Establish agreed upon project expectations and adherence to the approved budget and work effectively with end user(s), Facilities Management colleagues such as Planning, Engineering, In-House Construction, etc. - and other necessary outside professionals (architects, engineers, developers, estimators, equipment planners, etc.) to establish the scope and budget for a project.
- Make frequent site visits to survey the progress of work on all construction and associated renovation projects to assure quality control.
- Coordinate all construction project logistical tasks, equipment and service procurement, that will assure project schedules are met, and keep end users and other stakeholders informed of project progress throughout the entire construction process by coordinating regular meetings and documenting all project details that identify concerns and resolve problems.
- Verify proper filing of all applications and permits associated with the construction project with all appropriate State, City and Federal agencies.
- Will lead the coordination relocation and / or isolation of utilities as required; and will be the primary interface between outside personnel and vendors with RWJBH personnel for actions such as: inspections, testing, shutdowns, etc.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
- At least 3-5 years of increasing experience and responsibility in a hospital or medical center setting.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience as a project manager in Health Care environment with working knowledge of code compliance and standards in such a setting.
- Information management skills to communicate, explain, interpret, share, and / or present information to end users, colleagues, leadership and external contacts.
- Ability to resolve conflict, build consensus and drive projects to completion.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with firm deadlines and budgets
- Possesses familiarity with Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), AutoCad, Bluebeam, and Project scheduling software
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
Short & Long Term Disability
Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website