*Union County Healthcare Associates is an affiliate of RWJBH. Employees applying to this position will be directly employed by the business affiliate, not RWJBH*
A Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) performs routine clinical and clerical tasks under the direction of a physician or other health practitioner. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs, medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, processing prescription refills, and assists with minor procedures as directed by a physician or health practitioner. The CMA acts as a practice ambassador contributing to overall patient experience, safety, and privacy.
- Performs patient check-in and check-out functions
- Answers routine questions in person and over the telephone
- Performs basic clerical functions such as copying, scanning, faxing, sorting and distributing mail
- Creates and maintains health record information, files and organizes as needed
- Coordinates with insurance providers and handles pre-authorizations/certifications as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Medical Assistant Certification required or the ability and willingness to obtain certification from one of the following recognized organizations within 90 days of hire: NHA, NCCT, AMT, AAMA, NCMA, AMCA, NAHP. Job title will reflect Medical Assistant and will convert to Certified Medical Assistant upon proof of certification.
- BLS Certification approved by AHA, required - Will provider 90 days to obtain upon hire.
- At least 6 months of relevant experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the importance of patient satisfaction and safety
- Ability to take vital signs and perform a patient assessment
- Administration of medications as directed by physician or health practitioner
- Phlebotomy and EKG, preferred
- Proficient knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong written and oral communication skills essential
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
- Knowledge of electronic medical record (EMR) systems, preferred
Monday - Friday, 8am 8pm
Sat and Sun, 8am 4pm
Three 12 hour shifts and one weekend shift per week.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Additional Information:Union County Healthcare Associates provide health benefits, 401k retirement plan, and a paid time off plan.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website