Job Summary Assists professional nursing staff by providing direct patient care and other support services. Essential Job Functions
- Provides direct personal care of patients as directed by nurse and patient care plan. This includes bedside carry-over for all patient assignments and answering call lights for all patients on the unit. These tasks must be performed in a timely manner.
- Recognizes and respects patient and family needs providing a comfortable culturally sensitive environment for care.
- Performs designated unit duties such as, but not limited to, restocking supplies at patient bedside, replacing suction bottles and maintaining order on the unit.
- Assists with laundry upon request.
- Answers telephone and relays messages when necessary.
- Performs all duties with a customer service focus.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience* Evidence of interpersonal skill and ability to collaborate with others. Certification * Current Certified Long Term Care Facility Nursing Assistant certification and placement on the NJ Nurse Aide Registry. AHA BLS Provider Certification required. Education and Experience * 6 months experience preferred. Placement on the NJ Nurse Aide Registry. Basic computer skills required.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website