The Director of HIM plans, organizes, and directs the provision of Health Information Management services; establishes policies, procedures, standards and departmental objectives, supervises all functions and provides leadership for the supervisory staff and other associates of the Ambulatory practices including RWJ Physician Enterprise, (PE), Barnabas Health Medical Group (BHMG) and Rutgers Medical School, collectively referred to as Ambulatory hereto forward.
- The HIM Director, Ambulatory ensures compliance with Federal and State guidelines by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the medical record data for the purpose of maintaining compliance with Federal and State Regulations.
- The HIM Director, Ambulatory will coordinate the timely completion of ambulatory medical records, merging of medical records, prepping and scanning, indexing, analysis and deficiency identification, and release of medical records by establishing policies, procedures, standards and departmental objectives, overseeing all HIM clerical functions.
- The HIM Director, Ambulatory will coordinate the timely completion of ambulatory coding and charging, oversee the DNFB, physician query process, ensure the quality of all coding and charging meets Corporate Standards, overseeing all coding /charging functions by establishing policies, procedures, standards and departmental objectives. The HIM Director, Ambulatory oversees all coding staff, employed and contracted/vendor staff.
- The HIM Director, Ambulatory will act as a liaison/reference for the Physicians, Senior Leadership, Revenue Cycle team, Corporate Compliance Department, Privacy Officer and Risk Manager, Quality/Standards.
- The HIM Director, Ambulatory is responsible for participating with others in the selection, testing, implementation, and maintenance of all computer systems involving the HIM Ambulatory functions related to coding, charging, medical record maintenance, release of information, privacy, etc.
- The HIM Director, Ambulatory is responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and warranted.
- Bachelor Degree required; Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management with current RHIA certification preferred. Must have either RHIA or RHIT.
- Three to five years of experience in a managerial position, preferably at a prior large multi-facility healthcare organization
- Proactive and able to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet established deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment, work well under pressure and have the ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Must possess organizational and planning skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal relationship skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website