RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, treating over 3 million patients a year. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns.
The Vice President IT&S New Brunswick is responsible for oversight of the RWJ New Brunswick campus Information Systems and Technology. This role plans, coordinates, and directs all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provides direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. The Vice President IT&S New Brunswick also works closely with site leadership to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This position requires advanced time management skills in directing multiple concurrent projects in addition to flexibility dealing with people at a variety of levels. Proficient communication is imperative with internal Information Systems staff, vertical and horizontal management, and physician leadership. Frequent effective communication is also required with external vendors, auditors, industry associations, and other organizations.
This role also will provide advice and counsel to affiliate management in assessing the information needs of the affiliate organization and develop tactical plans to address these needs. The Vice President IT&S New Brunswick is responsible for working within the Information Systems Strategy and Strategic Plan of RWJBarnabas Health. This includes, but it not limited to, all standards, policies, and procedures and other guidelines established by the System IT&S function. This role also requires participation on multiple committees and regularly scheduled meetings at the affiliate and corporate levels. This role also serves as the HIPAA Security Officer is responsible for coordinating compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule as defined by the Code of Federal Regulations, 45 C.F.R. 160, 162 and 164.
- Preferred: Master s degree in Health Care, Information Technology, Business, or related field
- Minimum: Bachelor s degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Preferred: Ten+ (10) years IT leadership or project management experience implementing information systems and/or large-scale and complex enterprise-wide initiatives
- Minimum: Five (5) years experience IT leadership implementing information systems and/or large-scale and complex enterprise-wide initiatives
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, facilitation/training skills, project management capabilities, and leadership orientation
- Strong assertiveness skills and ability to manage conflict in a variety of situations
- Superior organizational and people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to align and motivate key process stakeholders, including nurses, physicians, and other clinical/administrative staff
- Demonstrated ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website