RWJBH is seeking a Medical Technologist in the Hematology Lab at the New Brunswick campus. This is a part-time (16 hour work week), Day position. Weekend rotation required.
- BS degree in Medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Science required.
- ASCP or other national certification preferred.
- Experience in hospital clinical laboratory setting preferred.
- Receives, handles, and prepares specimens for flow cytometric analysis and gating results in accordance with departmental guidelines, policies, procedures, and State and Federal regulations. Documents quality control and ensures overall quality.
- Reviews and updates all department policies, procedures, and forms as needed.
- Must maintain competencies in Hematology and be available for coverage as workload permits.
- Compiles monthly workload report of cases submitted and other activities.
- Adheres to all Quality Assurance rules and regulations. Practices laboratory safety in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
- Operates and properly maintains equipment. Orders supplies as needed.
- Interacts with pathologists to decide on appropriate panels prior to sample processing, and deciding if further immunophenotyping is warranted based on results.
- Ability to remain calm and provide excellent service even in stressful situations and in dealing with a variety of diverse people.
- Ability to lift, push, pull equipment as needed.
- Prolonged time at computer, sitting, typing, and standing.
- Potential exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and chemicals.
Apply on company website