RWJUH is seeking a full-time Pediatric Nurse Director to work with Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
- Manages the delivery of all clinical activities in the area on a daily basis. Provides guidance and direction to the staff. Oversees the organization and prioritization of workflow within the area and coordinates with other clinical areas.
- Facilitates the research mission by collaborating with members of the Office of Human Research Services in the implementation of clinical research protocols, education of the staff on research protocols, and the follow-up of patients in the area.
- Provides supervision, guidance and direction to nurse clinicians and staff nurses, medical health technicians, and care coordinators. Oversees the development and maintenance of clinical competence and the staff members ability to manage and interpret clinical information in an accurate and timely manner. Works collaboratively with all staff to ensure competence and adherence to CINJ standards of practice. Encourages professional development of all staff and participation in related activities.
- Develops and maintains efficient models for staff care of patients in the area; develops cost-efficient models and monitors for periodic adjustment in nursing staff when needed.
- Understands and adheres to CINJ s/RWJBH s compliance standards as they appear in policies.
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and institutional regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Demonstrates strong oncology- and ambulatory-specific knowledge base and commitment to professional development. Functions as a role model in the delivery of oncology-specific nursing care.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, Master s Degree or doctoral preparation in Nursing required. Internal candidates will be considered with a Bachelor s Degree required and matriculation into an advanced degree in Nursing within one year and completion anticipated within 5 years of hire.
- Five (5) years oncology-specific nursing experience required, preferably in an ambulatory setting.
- Management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities required.
- Outstanding human relations and leadership skills, and the ability to function in a team environment required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of leadership in a union environment is strongly preferred.
- Current New Jersey State Registered Nurse licensure or eligibility for same required.
- Oncology Nursing Corporation Certification (OCN) or other related certification required or attainable within two years of hire.
- American Heart Association: Basic Cardiac Life Support certification required.
Apply on company website