Outside Sales Reps - Construction Specialist are responsible to prospect and generate new industrial business. This position requires cold calling on accounts in the field to generate new contracted permanent construction sales. The hours and level of responsibility may vary by location or line of business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Secure new Industrial Business from the following:
- Construction Companies
- Engineering Firms
- Special Events
- Seasonal Activities
- Meet or exceed monthly and quarterly budgeted sales goals for Industrial Hauling – Roll Offs and Portable Toilets
- Ensure all lead source business opportunities are quoted profitably (i.e. ABC, ACI, RBN leads, referrals, driver leads, permanent customers with temporary competitor containers, etc.)
- Make in person sales calls at construction sites
- Perform telemarketing calls to qualify prospects by phone, and conduct direct mail or advertising campaigns where necessary
- Establish necessary internal relationships with appropriate Rumpke personnel, including operations, landfill managers, account managers, new business representatives and other key personnel
- Engage in or join civic, professional, or other organizational groups to develop leads and be seen by community, i.e. Solid Waste Districts, Home Builders Associations, Area Development Districts, etc.
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with prospects and customers in “boots and jeans” as well as “suits and ties”
- Maintain GMS board activity on a daily basis tracking number of sales calls made, contacts, new appointments set, number of visits, total temporary sales dollars. Flip all potential permanent business leads to appropriate new business representatives
- Maintain prospect information of sales territory (P.I.F.'s) for future sales
- Complete any and all company provided training sessions
Requirements and Skills
- Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter with a professional demeanor
- Possesses a “can do” attitude
- TEAM player acting as an advocate for the customer while maximizing operational efficiency
- Previous experience in the contracting business and/or working with contractors
- Possesses excellent follow through and closing skills
- Outside sales experience
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot customer site scenarios
- Computer proficiency with a focus on Microsoft Office & Lotus Notes
- Ability to perform tasks in an occasionally challenging environment, including inclement weather, possible loud noise, and uneven pavement at construction sites
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years outside business-to-business sales with a proven track record of success.
- One (1) year of experience in a customer-facing sales role (business to business).
- Able to meet Rumpke driving qualifications.
- Office environment and traveling to and from businesses.
- Prolonged sitting in car or office.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Apply on company website