Heavy Equipment Operators are responsible for safely operating various heavy equipment that perform the spreading and compaction of construction and demolition, and/or commercial and residential waste disposed of at the landfill or post collection facilities. Equipment operators are exposed to unpleasant odors and sights and weather elements. The hours and physical demand may vary by location.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Perform efficient safe operation of bulldozers, graders, excavators, backhoes, front end loaders, wheel loaders, off road dump trucks, and other equipment.
- Safely move dirt, rocks or material in a manner which does not endanger personnel or equipment.
- Conduct pre-trip/post trip inspections on equipment and complete necessary forms.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment, (ie. lubricating, fueling and cleaning equipment).
- Operate various equipment for general site preparation, landscaping, snow removal, and/or related assignments.
- Continuously monitor the equipment to ensure proper operation and minimal down time. Clean waste from equipment body and wheels or tracks.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Proficiently complete all operating and labor tasks assigned.
- Clean waste from equipment body and wheels throughout the day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including sitting, standing, reaching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing). Also, ability to withstand “bumpy” ride on equipment.
- Minimum three years' experience operating excavator, backhoe, dozer, and off-road truck or similar experience and ability to operate equipment safely. Must be able to show proficiency on this equipment.
- Must be able to complete training on other landfill equipment as necessary.
- Must be dependable, a self-starter, and able to identify and perform daily operational requirements.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in conditions with exposure to weather elements.
- Good verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with others.
- Must pass a written and operational test to be certified to operate equipment.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, and safety training.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust, noise, and fumes.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Apply on company website