Heavy Equipment Operators are responsible for safely operating various heavy equipment that perform the spreading and compaction of construction and demolition, and/or commercial and residential waste disposed of at the landfill or post collection facilities. Equipment operators are exposed to unpleasant odors and sights, and weather elements.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Perform efficient safe operation of bulldozers, graders, excavators, backhoes, front end loaders, wheel loaders, off road dump trucks, and other equipment.
- Safely move dirt, rocks or material in a manner which does not endanger personnel or equipment.
- Conduct pre-trip/post trip inspections on equipment and complete necessary forms.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment, (i.e., lubricating, fueling, and cleaning equipment).
- Operate various equipment for general site preparation, landscaping, snow removal, and/or related assignments.
- Continuously monitor the equipment to ensure proper operation and minimal down time. Cleans waste from equipment body and wheels or tracks.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Proficiently completes all operating and labor tasks assigned.
- Clean waste from equipment body and wheels throughout the day.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including sitting, standing, reaching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing). Also, ability to withstand “bumpy” ride on equipment.
- Must be able to complete training on other landfill equipment, as necessary.
- Must be dependable, a self-starter, and able to identify and perform daily operational requirements.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in conditions with exposure to weather elements.
- Good verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with others.
- Must pass a written and operational test to be certified to operate equipment Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, and safety training.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Minimum three years' experience operating excavator, backhoe, dozer, and off-road truck or similar experience and ability to operate equipment safely. Must be able to show proficiency on this equipment.
- Must be able to produce satisfactory pre-employment drug test and background check results.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair facility.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions is possible.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website