General Laborers are responsible for general upkeep and maintenance of the facility grounds. Laborers may also perform custodial duties in the offices, maintenance shops, etc. This position may also assist in various lines of business. General Laborers may be exposed to unpleasant odors and weather elements. The hours and physical demand may vary by location.
- Performs duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Facility grounds keeping including but not limited to mowing, trimming, picking up paper/trash from facility grounds and surrounding areas.
- Builds and repairs fences.
- Maintains the odor control system as needed.
- Places straw bales in ditches and on side of hills.
- Assists at the yard boxes, truck wash and wheel wash as necessary.
- Digs tracks as necessary.
- Assists with equipment services as necessary.
- Assists with applying Alternate Daily Cover (ADC) when necessary.
- Assists with general housekeeping of maintenance shops and offices.
- Operates the sweeper and flush trucks as needed.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Builds, repairs and installs erosion control such as silt fence and straw bales.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including lifting, carrying. reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, and climbing).
- Must possess the ability to learn various landfill activities including pumping operations, waste-water and waste placement operations.
- Mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Self-starter, aggressive work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Safety conscious.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in various conditions with exposure to weather elements.
- Good verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally and able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Valid driver's license, preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold, and fumes found in a shop environment.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste and recycling.
- Exposure to equipment traffic.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website