Facilities Maintenance Technicians are responsible for performing various types of maintenance and upkeep at Company owned, operated, rented and/or leased properties. This position performs skilled painting, masonry, mechanical, carpentry, plumbing, drywall, concrete, and related repair and maintenance on Rumpke property, structures, and equipment. This position routinely requires moderate to extreme physical exertion and may require prolonged standing, bending, lifting, kneeling, squatting, reaching, stretching, and working in awkward positions. The hours and physical demand may vary by location.
- Perform skilled construction, maintenance, and repair on Company property, buildings, and equipment in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Grounds maintenance to include but not limited to: mowing and edging lawns, prune trees and shrubs, landscaping, planting, mulching, weeding, trimming and watering plants, etc.
- Perform preventive maintenance per schedule or as directed.
- Assist in minor repairs of plumbing, electrical and HVAC as needed.
- Operate various hand-held manual, electrical and gas-powered tools and equipment.
- Perform calculations (ie. mixing proportions, measuring angles and distances, calculating square feet, etc.)
- Maintain and ensure the safe operating condition of assigned equipment and tools according to company policy and OSHA.
- Recognize and repair any detected deterioration, repair, and/or maintenance needs.
- Snow removal and salt application to driveways, walkways, and parking from Rumpke facilities.
- Assist with the planning, estimating, and coordination of more complex tasks.
- Assist in supporting the safety and physical integrity of property, structures, facilities, and equipment.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Applies for and obtains permits for building projects as required.
- Maintain accurate records (work orders, materials/supplies usage, cost estimates, labor time, maintenance logs, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, reaching, stretching, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- Knowledge of construction, masonry, plumbing and electrical maintenance and repair.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Minimum 1–2 years performing building repair and maintenance.
- Experience working with various hand tools and equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with grounds maintenance.
- Ability to safely perform maintenance and repair.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have at least a valid driver's license and be able to meet driving requirements.
- Must possess a valid medical card or obtain within 30 days of employment.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, instructions, signs, signals, and safety training.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair facility.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website