This position will be based in Columbus Ohio and will be responsible for Rumpke's northern facilities.
- Maintain open communication with the Electrical Department Manager.
- Schedule and complete repairs and installations according to company priorities.
- Install new residential, commercial, and industrial service equipment
- Perform commercial & industrial troubleshooting, repairs, and installations
- Performs accurate daily time sheets
- Maintain and ensure the safe operating condition of assigned equipment and tools according to company policy and OSHA
- Perform skilled electrical maintenance and repair in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Supervise Electrical Contractors on large projects as assigned by Electrical Department Manager.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers
- Follow all company policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Be proficient with National Electrical Codes and OSHA regulations.
- Must be self-motivated and work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Capable of using all electrical testing equipment
- Capable of using all electrical tools
- Must be proficient bending and installing Rigid and EMT conduit
- Motor control experience is a plus
- Must have at least 5 years commercial and industrial electrical experience
- Must have the knowledge and experience to make code compliant and safe repairs and installations
- Ability to work at different heights with necessary safety equipment
- Must be available to be on call
- May be assigned to work various hours and shifts based on business needs
- Requires out of town overnights stays
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing job priorities
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including, standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing, and working in awkward positions).
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Must be able to meet Rumpke driving qualifications
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to meet driving requirements.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, instructions, signs, signals, and safety training.
- Experience as a foreman or other type of supervisory position is a plus.
- Exposure to noise, heat, cold, dust, and fumes
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste and recyclables
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website