Magnite is the world's largest independent sell-side platform. We were built by combining Rubicon Project's programmatic expertise and Telaria's talents in CTV. We help publishers sell advertising on their terms and connect with buyers across every channel and format. We believe in keeping tech transparent, solutions collaborative, and guidance unconflicted. The ticker symbol for the combined public entity will be NASDAQ: MGNI.
The Director of Product Management will lead the design and execution of our video products and features at Magnite especially around CTV in the programmatic space. You will work closely with Technical Product Management, Sales, Marketing, and Engineering to bring leading edge products to market. In this role you will lead various teams through weeds and forests to the destination. We are looking for people who fear no detail, have a passion for understanding and improving existing technologies to pave the way for innovative breakthroughs in ad tech with a strong drive to action and results.
What you will be doing:
- Provide authoritative insight on the Video market and product needs. Develop a comprehensive go to market strategy using research data and financial planning to assess position, path, and execution.
- Define, develop and execute the vision, roadmap, requirements, and performance metrics for our Video Product.
- Create framework to analyze the competitive landscape, potential partnerships and opportunities
- Act as the subject matter expert for all Video related inquiries and train key stakeholders on how to communicate Rubicon's positioning in the marketplace.
- Collaborate with product teams and engineers to bring solutions to market on time and within budget.
- Own backlog grooming and prioritization while collaborating with stakeholders
- Work with customers, sales, operations, engineering, business intelligence, marketing and product management to assess the technical feasibility of features, manage product roadmaps, develop product specifications and GTM strategies for Core Marketplace products and features of complex ad exchange platforms.
- Surface technical and scope trade-offs required to allow Business Team to make informed decisions
- Negotiate with Development Managers, Project Managers and other Product Managers on features and functionalities to be included in each release.
- Perform detailed analysis on existing and new functions and features to make informed, data driven suggestions and decisions.
- Work with the engineering team to develop product specifications, data flows and tracking requirements. Work with the Sales team to support GTM planning and produce necessary supporting documentation.
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in digital media, ad tech and/or software product management working in complex cross-functional environments on large scale enterprise platforms.
- Be able to understand a variety of programming languages commonly used in ad tech, online publishing and mobile.
- Deep expertise and understanding of the online display, mobile, video and CTV advertising space both from a publisher, exchange and buy-side perspective. Experience in video advertising, APIs and industry standards is a strong plus.
- Strong domain expertise in one or more areas of real-time ad exchanges such as DSP, DMP, SSPs, etc. is a strong plus.
- Past demonstrated success managing complex products and integrations in medium to large organizations. Experience in startup environments where a new product was taken to market successfully is a plus.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of software development best practices, digital content management and delivery, ad server technology, analytics platforms and general web development technologies across multiple platforms and device types.
- An ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization, ranging from detailed product documentation for engineering to executive level presentation skills to developing sales training materials.
- Relevant degree(s) and/or related work experience: Technical background is a plus - BS/MS in Science and business or equivalent hands on experience indicating strong technical AND business background.
- Career growth opportunities: We encourage you to carve your own path across the organization and provide opportunities to grow professionally
- Take time for yourself: We offer an unlimited vacation policy and encourage you to refresh yourself as you need. We also close down the last 8-10 days of the year for a paid Holiday Break.
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of low cost medical, dental and vision plans to cover you and your loved ones with a multitude of options. In addition, we offer Basic Life and Disability Coverage provided at no cost to you
- Perks: Discounts to major name brand items, Travel benefit options, plus much more!
Apply on company website