Magnite is the world's largest independent sell-side platform, reaching approximately one billion users globally. We were built by combining Rubicon Project's programmatic expertise and Telaria's talents in CTV. We provide a technology platform that helps publishers sell advertising across all screens and formats—including connected TV, mobile, desktop and audio. We believe in keeping tech transparent, solutions collaborative, and guidance unconflicted. Magnite is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol MGNI.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic attorney to join our growing legal team. This individual will report to the General Counsel, and will lead a team of lawyers responsible for the negotiation, execution and all requisite legal support for commercial deals, product and strategic initiatives.
What you will be doing
- Develop and lead the legal team responsible for supporting the company's commercial operations, including negotiating complex advertising technology and data agreements
- Provide strategic advice to the senior management on legal issues related to commercial and product initiatives
- Review new product features to ensure legal compliance and understand legal implications for contracts
- Review, draft and negotiate vendor agreements, including marketing, HR and real estate leases
- Train and educate the company's business teams on legal issues relating to its commercial contracts
- Develop strategies to scale legal support as the business grows and implement scalable contracting solutions
- Help create, revise and improve contract templates and company policies, including working with Deputy General Counsel, International to localize contracts for international markets
- Drive legal support for business priorities including development of new strategic partnerships and product launches
- Provide policy recommendations to ensure operations are in compliance with the full breadth of regulations governing the ad tech industry
- Manage outside counsel resources
What we are looking for
- Qualified lawyer in California or New York
- 10+ years of legal experience as a transactional attorney, with prior in-house experience
- Comfortable negotiating complex technology and data agreements
- Prior experience in ad-tech or related industry a plus
- Strong leadership capabilities and proven track record managing teams
- Inquisitive and proactive in identifying legal issues & risks and proposing creative and effective solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including to interact effectively with senior management
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment
- Experience in leading and delivering cross-functional initiatives, with the ability to collaborate with business and functional experts to provide risk assessment guidance, recognize risks and design enhancements
- Strong project management, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Career growth opportunities: We encourage you to carve your own path across the organization and provide opportunities to grow professionally
- Take time for yourself: We offer an unlimited vacation policy and encourage you to refresh yourself as you need. In addition, we observe 11 National Holidays and close down the last 8-10 days of the year for a paid Holiday Break!
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of low cost medical, dental and vision plans to cover you and your loved ones with a multitude of options. In addition, we offer Basic Life and Disability Coverage provided at no cost to you
- Perks: Discounts to major name brand items, Travel benefit options, plus much more!
Apply on company website