We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
Looking to make a difference?
Bring your compassion and dependability to work with our devoted home healthcare team!
At RHA, you can truly make a difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
RHA Health Services is looking for personable, energetic and dedicated Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) to join our home caregiver team as a Unit Clerk.
The nature of the role by design is not glamorous, can be difficult at times and requires hard work but the reward is immeasurable!
This is a highly rewarding entry-level role. Unit Clerks are responsible for providing prescribed medical treatment and personal care and services to persons with disabilities in residential homes and/or vocational centers for a single location of business.
RHA's Certified Nursing Assistant Unit Clerks have responsibilities related to quality management, accuracy, attention to detail and teamwork, including:
- Reporting all changes in the condition of the people we support to the Nurse immediately.
- Work hand-in-hand with nurse and administration to keep the people we report safe and healthy.
- Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an accurate and timely manner.
- Measure vital signs, notify nurse regarding any changes.
- Assist the people we support with dressing/undressing, hygiene and toileting
- Administer medications, including medications and feedings via a gastrostomy tube per physicians orders and as delegated by the licensed nurses.
- Monitor oxygen administration and report findings to licensed nurses.
- Check and monitor oxygen saturation levels as recommended by the licensed nurses and/or physician.
- Perform colostomy care.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent people supported care information to assure people supported rights are protected.
- Ensure that all nursing care is provided in privacy.
- Fax orders to Pharmacy, completed labs to appropriate doctors, assist with ordering OTC stock and supplies, scheduling appointments and various other office and filing duties.
- Actively participates as part of the RHA team by participating in and receiving the nursing report upon reporting for duty, assist in transporting people supported to/from appointments, activity and social programs and for out of center appointments, etc., as necessary.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting people supported into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Licensed Certified Nursing Assistant in accordance with the laws of this state preferred, but not required.
- Valid drivers license including personal vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must maintain proficiency in company-sponsored training and certifications as appropriate.
- The following are conditions of employment: CPR and first aid. Others may become specified and/or required by company regulations later in employment.
- Must be able to demonstrated proficiency in CPR from floor level. Practicing CPR skills will require you to work on your hands and knees, bending, standing and lifting.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes:
- Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
- Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance, Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
- Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
- 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
- Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
- Free Annual Health Screening and Wellness coaching event.
- Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
- Free CPR, first aid, and job-specific training opportunities
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
Apply on company website