Apply now »
Rexel is a global leader specializing in the multi-channel distribution of electrical products and services for the energy world. Our mission is to offer our customers innovative and sustainable solutions to improve the comfort, security and energy performance of installations, infrastructure and buildings.
We Deliver The Best Customer Experience
We Join Forces For Success
We Encourage Innovation
We Engage People To Develop Their Talents
We Trust Each Other
We Enjoy Making A Difference
"At Rexel, we take the time to understand what matters most to you, this is how we build rewarding experiences and careers."
- Caroline Becker, VP HR
We are seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join our Rexel Automation Solutions team at our Stockton, CA location:
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for selling, marketing, promoting and demonstrating industrial automation technology, services and solutions. Candidate must excel at leveraging digital and virtual tools to sell, in addition to displaying excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This role includes developing business plans, driving business alignment with key decision makers in Maintenance, Engineering, Operations, IT and Senior Management by understanding their business goals, then developing complete system solutions best suited to meet stated objectives, leveraging Rexel technical specialists, manufacturer resources and solution partners.
- The ideal candidate increases business by generating sales to new customers and by selling additional products to existing customers. Customers include End-user Manufacturers, Municipalities, OEM Machine Builders, System Integrators.
- Gathers and reports to management information regarding the company, competitors, pricing, products and current and future market trends as well as assists management and vendors in planning, tracking and implementing sales strategies and developing new markets. Utilizes specified CRM system constantly.
- Establishes and maintains customer relationships. Expands sales opportunities by identifying all account influencers. Learns and evaluates customer operations to aid in identifying customer objectives, requirements, and preferences.
- Prospects for new accounts within a specified geographical territory.
- Pursues product applications utilizing personal knowledge, internal specialists or other internal resources, vendor representatives and other available sources.
- Creates product/project proposals, can communicate a value proposition and displays negotiation skills. Also manages projects and provides continuous follow-up throughout the completion of the customer's purchasing cycle. Practices a lifecycle approach to support customers.
- Leverages marketing initiatives to grow sales, schedules joint calls with manufacturers, specialists or reps regularly to support targeted growth areas.
- Lead strategy meetings and create sequence of activities to collaborate and direct employee teams to ensure success with large customer projects.
- Achieves and maintains technical capabilities at required levels, attends customer seminars, schools and special promotions and participates in sales meetings, vendor seminars and training schools to enhance and maintain personal and product knowledge.
- Manages pricing agreements and contracts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to exhibit a positive, friendly and helpful attitude with customers and to be sensitive to their needs.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attendance record required.
- Able to work overtime as needed.
- 2 or 4 year university degree preferred.
- 5-7 years' experience in a related position preferred.
- Qualified applicants must be innovative, customer-oriented and motivated with excellent communication, organization and problem-solving skills. Must be skilled at leveraging virtual and digital tools to engage with customers, writing effective reports and correspondence, speaking and listening effectively with groups, accurately and concisely communicate customer needs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to solve practical problems, interpret various instructions in written, oral or on engineering drawings/specifications.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills. Must be able to create and execute a business plan specific to a customer.
- Excellent negotiation skills, interpersonal skills and ability to drive decisions with influencers.
- Product and application knowledge essential.
- Experience with industrial sales desired.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be very comfortable with a computer, including but not limited to having experience with email, word processing software, spreadsheets, internet, inventory management and order processing systems. This individual should be comfortable with smartphones, mobile applications and virtual meetings.
- This position requires approximately 90% regional travel, ability to travel by air transportation and must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Equivalent experience in the industry with a strong sales background will be given serious consideration
Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range
Our Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 8 paid company holidays plus 3 flexible personal days per year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- HSA Accounts
- Commuter Transit Benefits
- Additional Optional Insurance such as Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Critical Illness, Home and Auto Insurance to name a few.
- Employee Discount Programs
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities – We like to promote from within!
Nearest Major Market: Stockton
Apply on company website