Apply now »
Rexel is a global leader specializing in the multi-channel distribution of electrical products and services for the energy world. Our mission is to offer our customers innovative and sustainable solutions to improve the comfort, security and energy performance of installations, infrastructure and buildings.
We Deliver The Best Customer Experience
We Join Forces For Success
We Encourage Innovation
We Engage People To Develop Their Talents
We Trust Each Other
We Enjoy Making A Difference
We are seeking an Industrial Outside Sales Representative to join our Rexel Automation Solutions team in Redding, CA:
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Being responsible for selling, marketing, promoting and demonstrating industrial automation products and solutions.
- Calling on end user manufacturers, municipalities, OEM machine builders, system integrators.
- Role includes building relationships with key decision makers in Maintenance, Engineering, Operations and Sr. Management to ascertain their business goals (KPI's), pain points, and automation installed base, then offering system solutions in collaboration with the regional Rexel Specialist team, Rexel Vertical Industry Sales Manager(s), and local Automation Partner teams to create preference in Rockwell Automation and complementary products/solutions.
- Increasing business by generating sales to new customers and by selling additional products to existing customers. Prospecting for new accounts within a specified geographical territory.
- Pursuing product applications utilizing personal knowledge, internal specialists or other internal resources, vendor representatives and other available sources.
- Establishing and maintaining customer relationships. Learning and evaluating customer operations to aid in identifying customer objectives, requirements and preferences.
- Processing product quotations and providing continuous follow-up throughout the completion of the customer's purchasing cycle.
- Coordinating and directing employee teams to assist in large customer projects and high-tech automation issues.
- Gathering and reporting to management information regarding the company, competitors, pricing, products, projects and current and future market trends as well as assists management and vendors in planning, tracking and implementing sales strategies and developing new markets.
- Achieves and maintains technical capabilities at required levels, attends customer seminars, schools and special promotions and participates in sales meetings, vendor seminars and training schools to enhance and maintain personal and product knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
Summary of requirements:
- 2- or 4-year college degree preferred or equivalent industry experience.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization, communicate effectively with customers and staff to make an accurate assessment of customer needs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to use sound judgment and problem solving skills to analyze customer problems and to recommend the proper course of action. Ability to organize and prioritize job projects and requirements.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be very comfortable with a computer, including but not limited to having experience with email, word processing software, spreadsheet software, inventory software, internet software and order processing systems. The individual shall be comfortable with smartphones, tablets, and mobile applications.
- Position requires approximately 90% domestic travel and ability to travel by air transportation and operate a motor vehicle.
- This is a high stress and fast paced environment.
Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range Click For Pay/Salary Range
Our Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 8 paid company holidays plus 3 flexible personal days per year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- HSA Accounts
- Commuter Transit Benefits
- Additional Optional Insurance such as Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Critical Illness, Home and Auto Insurance to name a few.
- Employee Discount Programs
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities – We like to promote from within!
Rexel USA is a VEVRAA federal contractor and an EEO/AA employer. (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with a Disability) We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued, treated with dignity and respect, and empowered to do their best work. If you encounter difficulty using our online application system due to disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation, email email@example.com or call (888) 739-3547
Nearest Major Market: Redding
Apply on company website