ResourceMFG is looking for a Supervisor / Machine Set-Up Operator
Pay: $13.50/hr., pay increase opportunity - DOE & work performance
Shift: 1st, 7am-3:30pm, M-F
Location: Springfield, TN
Responsible for the operation and performance of the drying and redrying process at our Industrial Drive factory. This includes operating the redryer making sure it operates as designed and in accordance with customer requirements. This includes managing redryer and packing department personnel. Responsible for maintenance and repairs in conjunction with maintenance department personnel.
Work Instructions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for tobacco being dried to customer specifications.
- Set up dryer controls for various tobacco product types and processes.
- Record set up parameters on daily setup sheet as per work instructions.
- Work in tandem with Quality Control to ensure drying guidelines are met.
- Adjust dryer controls as needed to conform with packing specifications.
- Monitor drying components for proper operation; notifying maintenance of any issues.
- Inspection of internal and external portions of the dryer to ensure safe, efficient performance.
- Supervise packing operations so to meet customer requirements and QMS requirements.
- Communicate with other department heads for flow rate changes, incoming moisture variations, or NTRM concerns.
- Communicate professionally with management, customers, and account representatives.
Quality Control Checks:
- Product cases are sampled at specified increments for moisture content.
- Samples are taken to the lab for moisture content as well as other testing.
- The tests allow the supervisor to know what the moisture levels are and what adjustments need to be made to achieve customer's specifications.
- Other quality control checks as required by Company and Customers.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Have at least two years of related experience in factory operations
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated, willingness to learn, identify problems and ability to make decisions in a timely manner
- Must be reliable & dependable
- Must be mechanically capable
- Weekly Pay
- Pay card with direct deposit option
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, life and AD&D insurance
- Access to free online classes through our Better Worklife Academy and partners at Penn Foster
Resume and client in-person interview will be required.
Apply on company website