ResourceMFG has a great opportunity for an Electrical Engineer within a aerospace industry located in Chatsworth, CA.
Hours: 7am – 3:30pm (some flexibility)
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Direct Hire Opportunity
SUMMARY: The Electrical Engineer demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. This role will focus heavily on People, Process and Systems and will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, develops and evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications for products associated with the DAC ECB product line
- Develop test methods, equipment and software to validate system's and components' capabilities and application consistent with the requirements of the DAC products
- Develops products as requested by the business and customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes through the design and/or modification of equipment and tools for assembling electrical components and from operator feedback
- Develop embedded software applications as required for the product application
- Ability to Debug and repair both hardware and software
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Develop product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Development of products that comply with federal and state regulations.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Validate product specifications and attributes; measure and document objective evidence; determine operational and performance qualifications; develop and update product specifications
- Support product quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including corrective actions, failed processes, recalls, return merchandise and re-validations.
- Conduct periodic reviews of manufacturing and product quality systems and create improvement plans based on performance results
- Support manufacturing and quality project planning and scheduling to assure a seamless execution and delivery of products and services.
- Key Objectives and Accountabilities
- Develop, Maintain and provide ongoing improvements for all DAC ECB products
- Champion AS9120 and quality and performance alongside quality for site for AS9120 Compliance.
- Electronic Systems and Software Subject Matter Expert
- Generates protocols, reports, and SOPs; reviews protocols, SOPs, product specifications, and records.
- Support and/or conduct first article testing, test analysis, manufacturing processes, process documentation, project work flow and shipping/receiving.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the Electrical and Software engineering function to ensure achievement of company objectives.
- Implement a quality culture of root cause analysis and corrective action to prevent future escapes and continuously improve quality.
- Ensures that quality system requirements are maintained and reported.
- Directly supervises 0-2 employees within the Engineering and Production department(s).
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Undergraduate technical or business degree desired.
- 7+ years of professional experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Experience in development of electronic circuits and products with use of Altium or equivalent development and layout tools
- Ability to program embedded software with the use of common programming tools such as C++ or related.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and relevant applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively and deliver technical presentations.
- Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking.
- Detail-oriented to accurately prepare statistical reports and technical documents in support of company objectives.
- Strong business/technical writing, presentation, planning, problem solving, organizational, project management and decision-making skills.
- Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals.
- Current knowledge of electronic and software technology, productivity and quality measurements, and material/planning systems requiring continual review of methods to optimize productivity.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment is a must.
Apply on company website