SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
As a Medical Records Specialist, you would be responsible for assisting the HIM Director by routinely performing duties in support of the management of the Horizon Patient Folder (HPF)/McKesson Patient Folder (MPF) workflow queues, working applicable worklists within 3M 360 Encompass, the resolution of unbilled accounts, and the processing of physician suspensions. In addition, the HIM Specialist serves as the primary point of contact when the HIM Director and/or HIM Coordinator is unavailable. Primary duties noted below should encompass more than 50% of the workday for this position title to be used.
In this role you will:
- Retrieves discharged medical records from various departments in the hospital and reconciles them to ensure that all records are accounted for
- Facilitatesthe retrieval and printing of medical records from storage, as well as the storage, archival and record retention of documents and/or other Alternate Media that cannot be scanned into HPF/MPF (e.g., fetal monitor strips)
- May assist with the physician suspension process by evaluating if a physician should be put on suspension, creating the list of recommended suspensions for approval, sending out notice letters, making reminder calls, etc
- May assist with physician system use related questions related to HPF/MPF, the physician portal, E.H.R., 3M 360 Encompass, or other issues that may arise
- May assist in setting up review queues for external chart reviews, provides training, and addresses questions
- Resolves accounts assigned to various HPF/MPF work queues, E.H.R. worklists, eRequest queues, and worklists in 3M 360 Encompass which require research and analysis to determine the appropriate actions(s) to be taken
- Supports the completion of physician documentation (e.g., queries) by calling, monitoring and assisting physicians with HPF/MPF or E.H.R
- May spend significant time researching, analyzing, and resolving unbilled accounts utilizing applicable system(s)
- Ensures unbilled reason codes (URC) are entered in applicable system(s) timely
- May assist with merging duplicate accounts, which requires research and problem solving
- May assist with release of information (ROI) requests, involving interaction with customers in person or over the phone and giving instruction, ensuring the validity and authorization of the request, routing requests to applicable ROI vendor personnel for processing, and processing urgent requests on a limited basis
- Assists the Facility HIM Director in gathering statistics for HSC reporting (e.g., documentation for timeliness of History and Physicals, Operative Reports, etc.).
High school graduate or equivalent preferred
Hospital or physician office experience preferred; but not required. Previous experience in the handling of patient health information, medical records document imaging and/or medical records is strongly preferred
Completing a certification program from the state may be required for Birth Certificate processing; training will be provide
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website