OBJECTIVE: Effectively manage the loan process leading to successful Customer experience, communications and final decisions.
The following is a list of essential functions, which may be subject to change at any time and without advance notice. Management may assign new duties, reassign existing duties, or eliminate a function.
- Deliver Fanatic Customer Service: Always Exceed Customer Expectations
- Be the POWER of Red! Promises are always kept. One to say yes, two to say no. Bump it Up! Welcome everyone, make them feel special. Exceed Customers' expectations, every time. Recover the Republic way, make every wrong right.
- Reviews all loan applications resulting in one of three decisions; approved, denied incomplete pending additional critical information.
- Ensures approvals meet the requirements for a loan approval based on applicable internal and external policies.
- Verifies the accuracy of all data, including data obtained in supporting documentation, used in the loan application including income calculation and mathematical formulas.
- Communicates loan decision or what documentation is still required to render a decision.
- Maintains status on all files in process and updates as needed when underwriting guidelines change that may affect loan status.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Retains and maintains necessary certification and authority levels:
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements such as, but not limited to, BSA/AML, GLB/Privacy, Ethics for Bankers, and Pretext Calling and Identity Theft. Completion of Compliance Training to ensure understanding of these requirements, as outlines in the Bank's core curriculum and this positions specific curriculum on Republic Bank University.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Finance, accounting or related field of study.
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience in the Mortgage processing and/or underwriting role. Already attained or able to attain necessary certifications listed in essential functions.
- FHA-VA underwriting experience required.
- Significant mortgage underwriting experience may offset degree requirements
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office); working knowledge of multiple AUS systems including but not limited to DU-LP-GUS
- DE and LAPP Certifications required.
- Proficient understanding of FNMA/FHLMC/FHA/VA/USDA selling-servicing guidelines and INVESTOR overlays, including RESPA and all other related laws, in a high volume environment.
- Knowledge of delegated PMI underwriting and certification requests.
- Effective analytical and mathematical skills including ability to review personal and business tax returns and ability to read, interpret and understand real estate appraisals to ascertain the collateral value and title polices to ascertain clear title.
- Exceptional time management skills to work under strict time deadlines
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to interact effectively with realtors, builders, sellers, title companies, peers and management with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Exemplary customer service skills with high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Monitor and self-manage a pipeline of 35+ loans.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the highest degree of integrity
Traditional office environment with no unusual work conditions
Republic Bank promotes an equal opportunity workplace, which includes reasonable accommodations of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please contact Human Resources with questions regarding the physical demands of this position.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs.
- Manual dexterity for computer work
- Speaking, hearing and vision are required to perform essential function
Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/V/D
Apply on company website