Full Time Licensed Practical Nurse
Primary Location: United States-MN-MNRedwood Falls
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at REM South Central Services, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
Traveling Licensed Practical Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Bring your Nursing experience to our growing, mission-driven organization!
The Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocation Nurse is a critical role for our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. The Traveling LPN/LVN provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services under the direction of a registered nurse (“RN”) or a physician to address the medical or psychiatric needs of individuals with developmental disabilities, acquired brain injuries, substance abuse issues and/or emotional or behavioral challenges in more than one site. This position will travel between the cities of Redwood Falls, Gaylord and Hutchinson. Description
Traveling between multiple locations to perform the duties and responsibilities of the role, the Traveling LVN/LPN is accessible to staff at all locations during working hours, and depending on the program, may be required to be accessible after hours for consultation.
This is a fantastic role to continue your nursing career path within Social and Human Services, and work within a setting that offers variety and rewarding challenges within group home settings.
Each of our programs is designed around the needs of the children and adults we serve and delivered in the communities they call home. We provide the right balance of service and support – combining personal choice, flexibility and community integration with professional oversight, family involvement and stability.
Our Nursing positions enjoy high-impact with those we serve while providing flexibility with your schedule and location while having career options to move up and across the organization.Responsibilities:
Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of the individuals we serve
- Provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services
- Administer medications and provide documentation according to established guidelines
- Ensure physicians orders are documented and carried out as prescribed
- Complete health assessments and provide input of health diagnosis to RN or physician for the development of nursing care plan.
- Follow-up on all physician orders; monitor and ensure follow through on individual’s medical/dental appointments.
- Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers. Partner with external agencies to coordinate services and ensure consistent treatment.
- Provide input regarding health care services to be included in each Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Provide emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services. Accompany individuals to medical visits in medical emergencies
- Monitor and record medications in a timely manner
- Act as a liaison to pharmacy
- Review medication error forms, analyze errors and make recommendations for procedural changes
- Oversee and monitor staff member who administer medication.
- Conduct quality assurance checks on health care records.
- Administer, track, and maintain log for staff members’ and individuals’ testing.
- Maintain confidentiality, respect human rights and practice universal precautions in accordance with Company policy. Uphold policy and procedure development related to health care.
- Provide training to staff members including but not limited to medication administration, universal precautions and infection control.
- Provide training for individuals receiving services in topics including, but not limited to self-medication, prescribed treatments, sex education/STD prevention and smoking cessation.
- Travel between multiple locations during work hours
- Provide support and be accessible to staff at all locations during working hours
- May be required to be accessible after hours for consultation
- Participates in on-call system as needed.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required, i.e. assisting with household activities and meal preparation.
Apply on company website