Direct Support Professional Float Pool
Primary Location: United States-WI-WILa Farge
Function: Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Due to the ongoing public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, our employees, and our candidates.
REM Wisconsin is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter to serve in a Direct Support Professional Float role in the greater La Crosse Area. We have a limited number of vacancies for this unique position! This position has an increased wage incentive. You will be trained in a various locations in the greater La Crosse area. Specialized training in each location will be provided.
The Direct Support Professional Float has the unique opportunity of training with a variety of individuals and on many individualized techniques. Positions are guaranteed 30-40 hours each week. Specialized schedules of 7 days on and 7 days off are available! Schedules may vary depending on the hours available and the locations where training is completed.
As a partner with The MENTOR Network, REM Wisconsin is committed to providing community-based residential, supported living and day services throughout Wisconsin. Adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain injuries, physical disabilities, persistent mental illness, and complex medical conditions benefit from mission-driven programs designed to meet their unique needs.
· Provides training, assistance and/or supervision to individual(s) in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration, medication administration, and/or job skills development
· Establishes a therapeutic relationship with the individual receiving services to ensure effective guidance, support and service delivery. Ensures objectives are met in accordance with the Service Plan.
· May coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as housekeeping and meal preparation according to state requirements.
· Provides transportation for individual(s) receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments including operating vans and/or mini vans as required.
· Maintains current progress and service notes. Completes and submits required documentation to direct supervisor in accordance with any applicable policies and deadlines.
· Provides direct supervisor with verbal feedback and data relevant to the
individual’s services, Service Plan or administrative policy
· Attends training and other meetings as required
· Provides emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services. Reports incidents of maltreatment, medical and behavioral concerns in accordance with MENTOR policy.
· Maintains confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy
· Performs other related duties and activities as required
Apply on company website