Primary Location: United States-MN-MNBloomington
Function: Program Services Coordination/Case Management
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at REM Hennepin, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
EasyApply on Indeed or Text MENTORJOBS to 97211, we have work for you!
REM Hennepin is seeking a Full-time Activities Coordinator to support youth. This position consists of working afternoon and evening hours as well as every other weekend.
Located in Bloomington near the Mall of America, our Cedar Heights home offers community-based residential services for young men, ages 16-21, who are involved in extended juvenile jurisdiction and in need of out-of-home placement. Our team at Cedar Heights is led by the Director of Reintegration Services, along with a dedicated Clinical Specialist who provides on-site skills groups and therapeutic supports. Rounding out the team is a talented Program Director who supervises specially trained residential staff members who provide the individuals we support a safe environment in which they can heal, learn, and grow. We work with each young man on a one-on-one basis to establish an individualized service plan, set goals for personal growth, and reduce further involvement in the criminal justice system.
With the Activities Coordinator position you would help oversee the program - gain valuable experience with modeling behavior and coaching your team’s caregivers. If you are a natural leader looking for more responsibility or looking for a longer-term management track in Human Services, Criminal Justice or Corrections this is your next step.Description
- Supervise a team of Caregivers supporting individuals in the program
- Ensure supports are provided with quality, safety, dignity and respect to individuals served
- Duties are split between providing direct support, professional or program activities and supervision
- Ensure all safety and quality guidelines are maintained by staff
- Implement person-centered service plans, provide guidance to staff on those ISPs and documentation
- Ensure environment is kept clean and tidy, and schedule maintenance needs as necessary
- Work with Program Director to ensure health care needs are fully addressed and to meet regulatory and MENTOR compliance needs
Apply on company website